- Communication & Mass Media Complete(AU only)
- This database not only replaces NCA's CommSearch and Penn State's Media Articles Index but expands coverage to include indexing and abstracting of over 300 journals along with fulltext for nearly 200 journals, some beginning as early as 1915. The indexing includes selected volumes of Gale's Dictionary of Literary Biography and Greenwood Press' Historical Guides to the World's Periodicals and Newspapers.
- Communication Abstracts (AU only)
- Available through Cambridge Scientific Abstracts from 1977, it is international in scope including books, major periodical articles and reports. Paper copies are available on 2nd floor Index Shelves; P 87. C58.
- Science Direct
- Science Direct provides full-text access to over 500 journals mostly in the sciences, however there are some articles that deal with communication studies. Access to almost all the publications is available after setting up a personal a profile. A good way to get into Science Direct is to search it using the SCIRUS interface that searches selected web pages as well as scholarly articles.
 Company Information
- International Directory of Company Histories (Ref HD 2721 .I63 1988)
- v. 1. Advertising to drugs -- v. 2. Electrical & electronics to food services & retailers -- v. 3. Health & personal care products to materials -- v. 4. Mining & metals to real estate -- v. 5. Retail & wholesale to waste services -- v. 6. Advertising & other business services to utilites -- v. 7-31 <without special title> -- v. 53. Company histories.
- Business Source Premier
- Provides full text from journals covering business, management, economics, banking, finance, and accounting. Also provides access to company profiles from the Datamonitor Company Profile Authority database.
- An index with abstracts to periodicals in business, including economics, finance, accounting, management, marketing, and transportation. Also includes PDF versions of annual reports for public companies going back to 1986.
- Lexis-Nexis Business
- Featuring company financial reports, profiles, directories, EDGAR filings, annual & quarterly reports, and proxy statements. Also included are business articles from several business journals and the ability to compare companies.
- Hoovers Online
- More than 14.6 million companies in the US & Canada and more than 1.9 million international companies with important data points such as contact information, industry classification, and annual sales. These profiles, featuring companies with over $1 million in revenue and more than 9 employees, will help you gain broader insight into the global marketplace.
- Kompass International
- Find information about companies and what they do - More than 23 million references to the products and services of over 1.8 million companies.
 Government Search
- Google: U.S. Government Search (Google/UncleSam)
- Searches across U.S. government websites for content located on U.S. federal, state and/or local government sites.
 Marketing & Market Research Reports
- Business & Company Resource Center
- The database is a compilation of several resources that provide information on companies and industries. Subjects covered include: company profiles, detailed company histories, market share, company and brand rankings, industry and product forecasts, production and consumption statistics, usage and capacity, number of users and outlets, trends and demographics. It includes a small subset of investment analyst reports from Thomson Financial’s Investext service. The database can be searched by company name, industry, articles, keywords, or combinations of the four.
- MarketLine Business Information Centre (via Business Source Premier)
- Locate detailed company, industry, and country profiles published by Datamonitor Market Research. This database includes 10,000 reports on public and private companies, both U.S. and international. Reports feature: business description, history, major products and services, locations and subsidiaries, top competitors, SWOT analysis (top 1,000 companies only). The industry profiles contain: Market overview, value, segmentation, share, and forecasts, competitive landscape, and leading companies.
- Gallup Brain
- The Gallup Brain is a searchable, living record of more than 60 years of public opinion. Inside, you'll find answers to more than 125,000 questions, and responses from more than 3.5 million people interviewed by The Gallup Poll since 1935. This unparalleled poll database also houses current Gallup Poll News Service articles that feature the latest in-depth poll analyses and replicas of news stories and press releases linked to the surveys.
 General Databases
- Academic Search Premier(AU only)
- Covers abstracts and indexing for over 3,000 scholarly journals and features full text articles for over 1,200 journals since 1990.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic(AU only)
- Indexes newspapers, business, legal, and medical resources. Also includes sections on quotations, and polls and surveys.
- InfoTrac's Expanded Academic ASAP(AU only)
- Indexes over 1500 journal titles in a variety of subject areas including astronomy, religion, law, history, psychology, humanities, current events, sociology, communications and the general sciences. Articles in over 500 journals are full text.
 Catalog Searches
- Organization Periodicals
- Culture Periodicals
- Transnational Communication
- Multiculturalism and Communication
 Quick Guides
 Visual Aids
 Assignment Calculator
- Assignment Calculator (University of Minnesota)
 Contact me for help
- Barbara A. Bishop
- Second Floor, Reference
- RBD Library