Undergraduate students, graduate students, active and retired faculty, and staff may place a recall on an item. You can only place a recall on an item if it is currently checked out by another patron. The patron who currently has the item has up to 14 days to return it once you place a recall request. Special Borrowers and Corporate Users cannot recall items. Journals cannot be recalled. Recall fines are $1.00 per day with no accrual limit.
To recall items online:
- Search for the record you want to recall in AubieCat.
- Click on the item title that you want to recall. With the item record on the screen, click on the "Place Request" tab at the top of the screen.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and "enter your twelve digit barcode number" and "last name" in the appropriate boxes.
- Click on the "Login" button.
- Click "OK" when "Recall" appears in the drop down box.
- "The Request Type: Recall" screen will appear. Check that the item matches what you intend to recall.
- Enter your 12-digit barcode number in the "Patron Barcode" space on the fifth line.
- In the "Comments" section, type your full name, your contact information, and any other information that you would like to include.
- The default number of days in the "Not Needed After" section is 30 days. However, you may alter the number of days. Since the patron who currently has the recalled item is able to keep it 14 days after the request is placed, you should not shorten the due date below 20 days.
- Click on the "Submit Request" button. If the recall has been placed successfully, you will see a screen saying "your patron initiated request was successful". If you do not see that message, then your request has not
After completing this process, a recall notice indicating the new due date is e-mailed or mailed the next business day to the patron who currently has the book checked out. Once the item is returned, an item available notice indicating the name of the item being held will be e-mailed or mailed to the patron who has placed the recall. Items are shelved at the 1st floor circulation desk under the requestor's name.
All undergraduate and graduate students must present their own ID with the same name the item is being held under in order to check out any recalled items. Faculty and staff may send another patron with their faculty/staff ID in order to check out any recalled items. Unless recalled, items will have a regular 28 or 90 day checkout.
IDM Request Access Form (Affiliates and TES Only)
Apr 29, 2014