Several Alabama academic libraries joined together to create a new service called ALabama LIbraries Exchange Service, or ALLIES. Current participating university libraries are:
Auburn University Auburn University of Montgomery
Jacksonville State University
University of Alabama
University of Alabama at Birmingham
ALLIES requests can be placed two ways:
- Library patrons can visit any ALLIES library and checkout materials using an approved photo ID.
- In addition, patrons can place on-line requests and have them delivered, in most cases, within 3 to 5 days to a specified pickup library within the ALLIES consortium. When the requested item reaches the specified pickup library, the borrower is notified that it is available for pickup. ALLIES patrons will then check out the item at the pickup library using an approved photo ID. Throughout this process, borrowers can monitor the status of their requests through their home library's homepage.
ALLIES materials will circulate for 28 days with one 28-day renewal.
Eligible patrons include:
- Currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students who are not blocked at their home library.
- Active, full-time faculty and staff members.
- Retired faculty as officially designated by their home library.
Send comments about the ALLIES information pages to Webmaster.
Aug 03, 2011