The combined collections of the Auburn University Libraries contain over 3.2 million volumes as well as 2.6 million government documents, 2.5 million microforms, and over 148,000 maps. The Libraries receive over 35,000 current periodicals, many which are available online.
The library also provides access to over 227 electronic databases and has over 10 million archival and manuscript items.
The Ralph Brown Draughon Library is named in honor of Ralph Brown Draughon, president of Auburn University from 1947 to 1965, and a moving force behind the construction of the original portion of the Library. With the completion of a 207,000 square foot addition in 1991, the Library has a seating capacity of 2,500 designed to serve the study, teaching, and research needs of Auburn students, faculty, and staff.
The Veterinary Medical Library provides services and collections which primarily support the teaching, clinical applications, and research of the College of Veterinary Medicine. Secondarily, the Library assists other Auburn University faculty, staff and students, especially in the fields of agriculture, biological sciences, home economics, nursing and pharmacy.
Located in Dudley Hall Commons adjacent to the Graves Amphitheater at the end of Bibb Graves Drive, the Library of Architecture, Design and Construction houses a collection of materials covering architecture, interior design, building science, industrial design, landscape architecture, community planning, and art. The 35,000 volume collection complements but does not duplicate fine arts materials held in the RBD Library and includes over 85 current periodicals.